Saturday, August 16, 2008

Go Go Speed Racer!






I bought a road bike!  I can go 20mph on a straight away...YIKES!!!  It scares me to death.  I love it though.  Joey and I have been riding for 1 week and I'm hooked.  I started with a hybrid bike, a cross between a mountain bike and a road bike.  Well, my skill level improved so much that I had to advance to a better bike.......HA!!!  No, really, what happened is Joey upgraded his mountain bike and he was smokin' me everywhere we went today.  I could not keep up to save my life!  So I had to upgrade my bike just to keep up with Joey.  I told my 13 year old Lauryn, "Daddy was smokin' me everywhere we went today" and Ashley, my 4 year old said, "DAD SMOKES???!!!"  It was too funny.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Kerry, I love your blog! Thanks for letting me know it is up and running!
The "Daddy Smokes" phrase cracked me up. That is too funny! Your girls are so great!
I love that you and Joey ride bikes together! My girls always beg me to, and when I do (which is not often) I'm literally out of breath by the time I get down the street (isn't that pathetic. I'm so out of shape). However, I do think bike riding is FUN. Thanks for giving me some inspiration!
Oh, your family picture is so cute too!
P.S. I love your playlist. I stole a couple of songs and added them to my playlist.

Susan said...

Hi Kerry! I LOVE your blog too! I wish I could get Marc on a bike! Maybe when I tell him Joey rides with you he'll feel bad and ride with me,lol! Can't wait to read more!!

Kerry Jo said...

Yall are too funny. I am a Radio Disney Junkie. That is all we listen to in the car. I am up to speed on some music that Joey just rolls his eyes at. I'm also an 80's junkie. Thanks for the encouragement, I need it!

Andrea said...

OHH, I love Radio Disney and wish we could still get it. When it went off the local air station, I was SOOO sad. Not kidding. LOL

Kerry Jo said...

My van is older than dirt but we have Sirius Satellite. The radio is so not safe for kids, especially in the morning. You never know what those DJ's are going to say. We just renewed the contract and it was $140 for the whole year.